Registering animals: upload a tag number file
This method is suited to those using an electronic scanner to read their tags. This allows you to download a file from your scanner and upload it to the NAIT system. The file may only include tag numbers, and all animals in the file need to have the same details (e.g. animal type, gender). To register animals with different details, you will need multiple files.
How to register animals by uploading a tag number file
- Log on to the NAIT system.
- Select 'register animals'.
- Select 'enter animal details'.
- Then choose 'upload a file with tag numbers'.
- Browse to the file on your computer and click 'open'. The file will then be uploaded to the NAIT system.
- Enter the animal details and click 'register' to complete the registration.