Updating animal details
One of your NAIT requirements is to keep your animals' details up to date. An animal's status must be correct. The status identifies if an animal is live, dead, exported or missing.
You can also update other animal details including:
- production type
- animal date of birth
- NAIT number of birthplace, and
- livestock characteristics.
How to edit animal details
- Log on to the NAIT system.
- Click on the NAIT number where the animals you are editing are registered. You will be directed to the 'registered animals' page.
- Select the animals you want to update by clicking the check boxes to the left of the tag number. Then click 'edit selected animals' and choose 'edit animal details'. Only select more than one animal if the details you are changing will be the same. If you want to add a visual identifier (e.g. a name or other tag number), only select one animal.
- Update the animal's details as required. Click 'save' to complete.
How to undo an animal status update
If an animal has had their status incorrectly changed, you can correct it.
- In the search box on the registered animals page, enter the animal's tag number.
- Change the search filter from 'active' to 'all'.
- The tags will appear underneath. Select the animals you want to update by clicking the check boxes to the left of the tag number. Then click 'update animal details'.
- You can then change the status to the correct one, and click 'save'.