Recording event movements
If you are taking an animal to an event you must record a movement to the event.
How to create an event movement
- Log on to the NAIT system.
- Click on 'create movement' and then select 'sending movement'.
- Enter the event NAIT number or click on 'search for event number'.
- The details of the event will be shown. Choose how you would like to select the animals you are sending.
- After you have selected the animal to be sent, click on 'create movement' to record the animal movement.
- You will then be prompted to record the return movement. This can be done up to four days in advance. If you select 'yes', record the return movement now, the to and from NAIT number fields will be automatically populated. All you need to do is select the date they are coming back to your property.
How to create the return movement
If you don't create the return movement at the same time as the sending movement, you will need to create it later on. If the animals do not return to your property but go to another property from the event, you will need to create a movement to that NAIT number instead.
- From your NAIT system home page, you will see that you have animals at events. You can choose to either return the animals to your NAIT number, or record a sending movement to another property.
- If you choose to return them to your NAIT number, enter the date they went back to your property. Then select the animals returning home by using the 'select from a list of animals registered to your NAIT number' option. Only the animals at the event will be displayed.
If you record a sending movement to another NAIT number, you will need to enter the NAIT number of the person receiving them, and the date this occurred. Then use the 'select from a list of animals registered to your NAIT number' option. Only the animals at the event will be displayed.