Exporting live animals
A farmer intending to export an animal is required to record a sending movement to the quarantine farm location. Once the animal has moved, the quarantine farm and exporter will be responsible for completing any further actions relating to NAIT.
The quarantine farm is required to confirm the sending movement from the originating farm. When the animal is ready to move from the quarantine farm to the port of export, the person in charge of animals (PICA) must a record a sending movement in the NAIT system. An animal status update to ‘exported’ should not occur at the quarantine farm. This should be completed at the port of export.
Once at the port of export, the PICA must make an export declaration by updating the animal’s status to ‘exported’ in the NAIT system.
This can be done manually in the NAIT system, through a CSV file upload to the NAIT system, or via a CSI interface. You can use a PICA delegate or an information provider to record this information on your behalf.
How to record an animal export
- Log on to the NAIT system.
- Click on the NAIT number where the animal you are exporting is located.
- On the 'registered animals' page choose the animal you want to export by clicking the check box to the left of the visual ID number. Then click 'edit selected animals' and choose 'record animal as exported'.
- The animal status will then be automatically changed to exported. Enter the date of export.
- Click 'save' at the bottom of the page to confirm the change.