Returning animals from grazing
If you have animals grazing on your property that you are returning to the sending farmer, you can record this movement quickly in the NAIT system. These instructions show you how to export a file from the NAIT system that has all the animals' tag numbers from the original movement to you by the sending farmer.
- Log on to the NAIT system.
- Click on your NAIT number.
- Select 'completed movements' in the left hand column.
- Click 'view' on the original movement to you by the sending farmer.
- Select 'export'.
- Save the file to your computer. Then open it and delete all the columns, except the RFID number column. To do this right click on the header columns A, B, D, E, F and G and select 'delete' from the drop down menu.
You will also need to delete the first row with the heading. To do this right click on the row heading 1 and select 'delete' from the drop down menu.
- You should end up with a file with only one column with RFID numbers. Save the file and close it.
- From your NAIT system homepage, click 'record movement' and then select 'sending movement'.
- Enter the sending date and the receiving NAIT number. Then click 'continue'.
- Click 'upload a file with tag numbers'. Find the file you saved to your computer and click 'open'.
- The system will tell you the number of tags uploaded for the movement. If this is correct, click 'create movement' to complete it.