A transit stop is a location where cattle or deer are temporarily held during transport between two locations.
If you are the owner of a location used as a transit stop, you are legally required to register that location as a transit stop with NAIT. You do not need to assign a person in charge of animals (PICA) for a transit stop.
There is no requirement to record animal movements to and from transit stops if:
- the animals are only held there temporarily
- they are not mixed with any other cattle or deer while at the transit stop, and
- are not for sale or trade.
To register a transit stop call us on 0800 482 463, or complete the following form and return to us by either:
- scanning and emailing to email@example.com
- posting to NAIT Ltd, PO Box 3412, Wellington 6140, or
- faxing to 0800 482 329.