Assigning a PICA delegate
Who can assign a PICA delegate?
A PICA delegate can be assigned by:
- the PICA for the NAIT number
- the NAIT contact centre (call 0800 624 843)
- an administrator for an organisation's NAIT number, or
- a NAIT accredited information provider.
How to assign a PICA delegate
Make sure the person you are assigning as a delegate has registered with NAIT first (they do not need to create a NAIT number).
- Log on to the NAIT system.
- Click on the NAIT number that you want to add a delegate to.
- Select 'NAIT number details' in the left hand column, and then '+ add new'.
- Enter the details for the person you want to assign as a PICA delegate, and click 'search'. They will only be found if they have already registered with NAIT. Click 'assign' next to the correct person.
- If the delegation is for a specific period of time, enter an end date in the delegation expiry box. Click 'continue' to assign this PICA delegate.
How to add or remove notifications for your PICA delegate
You can opt to allow your PICA Delegates to receive action required movement notifications for the NAIT number they are assigned to.
- From your NAIT system home screen, select the NAIT number where the delegate is assigned.
- Then click on ‘NAIT number details’ in the left hand column.
- Click on ‘edit’ next to the delegate.
- Ensure you have selected that you want this delegate to receive action required movement emails.
Note: The delegate must also have their email preferences set to allow them to receive action required or animal movement emails too.
How to edit or remove a PICA delegate
- From your NAIT system home screen, click on the NAIT number where the delegate is assigned.
- Then click on 'NAIT number details' in the left hand column.
- Click on 'edit' or 'remove' next to the delegate.