Updating your details
Your NAIT requirements include keeping your personal details up to date. This is important in the event of a disease outbreak, because we may need to contact you.
How to update your details
- Log on to the NAIT system.
- Click on 'my details'.
- Here you can update your details including your:
- trading name, address and contact details
- email notification settings
- password, or
- deactivate your registration if you are no longer in charge of animals.
Changing your email settings
You can also change your email notification preferences so you only receive what's important to you. The options available are:
- Action required - Choose this option if you would like to be reminded when there is something you need to do. This includes when you have animal movements to confirm.
- Animal movements - Choose this option if you would like to be notified when animal movements are created to and from your NAIT number or are updated.
- Animal details - Choose this option if you would like to be notified when stock are registered or there is a change to your animals’ details. This includes when you change an animal’s status (e.g. to ‘dead’), or replace a tag on an animal.
- Changes to my details - Choose this option if you would like to be notified when there is a change to your personal details or NAIT number (e.g. when you change your contact details).
- All - Self-explanatory, choose this if you want to receive all notifications.
- Essential notifications only - Choose this option to receive the minimum number of notifications. We’ll only send you emails that are essential to protect the privacy and security of your NAIT account. This includes when you register a NAIT number, change your email address or request a password reset.
We recommend you choose ‘action required’ because you’ll be notified when there is something you need to do. No matter what option you choose, as long as you have an email address with us you’ll always get the essential notifications about your account privacy and security.